Apache tomcat 6 installation procedure | how to fix apache tomcat error easily

I tried to run JSP page in tomcat server but every time I failed I tried services.msc and tried to run the Apache tomcat server again I ha...

I tried to run JSP page in tomcat server but every time I failed I tried services.msc and tried to run the Apache tomcat server again I have failed and I got this error code. To overcome this error and run the server I have searched lots of tutorial but none of them worked for me. The error code which I got while tried to run the server.

“Windows could not start the Apache Tomcat on Local Computer. For more information, review the system event Log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 0.”

Finally after a long try I ran tomcat server.

I hope this tutorial will really help you a lot. In this tutorial you do not need to set any java home, Jdk home.
  • First thing you need to do is download the mentioned software from the link below
Java Development Kit (JDK) -jdk-6-windows-i586.exe 
Apache tomcat 6.0.16.0

  • After downloading the software install java and Tomcat in the same directory/folder

How to install Apache tomcat 6?

  • Run Apache tomcat.exe file and click next

  • select the "destination folder" as in the below image shown
  • Now change port number(optional).You can set it to default:8080
  • Now browse and select JRE installation Path and click install, after installation click fish and  run server

Configuring Tomcat 6 to run properly:

go to Apache tomcat installation folder, then go to "bin" folder and execute "tomcat6.exe" and command window will open and do not close it else your server will be closed.


now you can check also whether tomcat server is running or not doing simply “services.msc” in Run command. Look, here you will find that apache tomcat is not running. Don’t be panicked, go to internet explorer or any web browser and type ->

http://localhost: [port number you have given during tomcat installation]/index.jsp

if every thing goes well you will be able to see this page.
Now you can run any JSP page from apache tomcat server.
Like my page and help to grow this blog and stay updated to new post if you find this blog helpful.

Related

Tomcat Install and JSP Tutorial 1059003734498118299

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Search Here

Popular query

Follow Us

Ads By Google

Get free Update

Enter your email address:

E-mail verification is must for complete subscription

Delivered by FeedBurner

Circle AFS on Google Plus!

Follow AFS Google+ page
 

Side Ads

DMCA protected
Information, images and the content on this blog is Copyright ©AFS2011-2018. Please do not copy Any content for commercial purpose else we have to take a legal action. Thanks !!

Total Pageviews

Recent

free counters
 

Connect Us

Speech by ReadSpeaker

item